|When/Where.||Services. ||See text for details.||DIAL-A-RIDE BUS
DIAL-A-RIDE BUS provides transportation at no charge for Southington residents aged 55 & over and for people with disabilities. To provide efficient, reliable, safe transportation to all our riders, some specific guidelines are being put into place. Your cooperation is anticipated & appreciated. Our primary objective is to provide the service that you need in a timely and reasonable manner.
*Medical Appointments: We request seventy-two hours (72 hrs/3 business days) notification be given for all medical appointments, especially for out-of-town appointments. You may schedule up to a month in advance.
*We cannot accommodate same day requests.
*Please schedule in-town medical appointments between 9-11 am and 12:30-2:30 pm.
*Out-of-town medical transportation will be provided as follows, please plan accordingly: Mondays & Wednesdays: Plainville, New Britain & Meriden Midstate (app'ts between 9:30-1:00pm); Tuesdays & Thursdays: Plainville, Bristol & Farmington (app'ts between 9:30am-1:00pm); Friday: Please call for out-of-town schedule.
* Shopping: Tuesdays & Thursdays with pick up times starting at 9:00am. Shopping returns will begin at 12 noon on both days. Rides to hair appointments can be scheduled on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Shoppers, please call Calendar House on Thursday mornings for following week's shopping schedule. (Requests made after 12 noon on Thursdays may not be accommodated.)
* Monday through Friday rides are provided to & from Calendar House for lunch, activities, programs & appointments.
*Please call 860.621.3014 to make your appointments. Thank you.
|An ongoing weekly event on Wednesdays at 11:30 AM in the Main Hall West ||Lunch||An ongoing weekly event on Mondays at 11:30 AM in the Main Hall West ||Lunch||An ongoing weekly event on Tuesdays at 11:30 AM in the Main Hall West ||Lunch||An ongoing weekly event on Thursdays at 11:30 AM in the Main Hall West ||Lunch||An ongoing weekly event on Fridays at 11:30 AM in the Main Hall West ||Lunch||See text for details.||ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Applications are now being scheduled for the Energy Assistance Program. Please call 860.621.3014 to make an appointment.
Income guidelines for this program are $33,880.60 for Single Individual and $44,305.40 for a couple. Liquid Asset limits are $12,000. per household for renters and $15,000. per household for homeowners. All assets over these amounts will be counted as toward total income.
TWO (2) COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION FOR THIS YEAR (2017) ARE REQUIRED:
1. All pages of most recent 2017 financial statements prior to application date (both sides even if blank!). They must include all income, including year-to-date interest and assets (stocks bonds annuities CD's IRA's and all other accounts that can be liquidated). INCOME INCLUDES: Social Security (if receiving SS Disability, must provide up-to-date documentation); Pensions; Income from family/friends; Employment (4 most recent pay stubs if paid weekly/2 most recent if paid monthly; Unemployment (proof of weekly benefits received from Dept of Labor); ALL other forms of income including self-employment (special form provided).
2. Utility Bills most recent bill for primary source of heat - Eversource Electric/Gas, Oil or Propane Company.
Make sure your deliverable fuel company participates in the Energy Assistance Program.
3. Rent or Mortgage Receipts
4. Proper form of identification - Proof of residency.
Call Calendar House at 860-621-3014 for an appointment.
IF YOU DON'T PROVIDE ALL PAGES OF DOCUMENTATION, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DENIED.