* Do you have stubborn, hard to open jar lids? Can't seem to grip? Try wearing a rubber glove. It works well. From Diane
* It's apple picking time. Did you know the apples on the outside of the trees ripen first. Always choose the most firm apples. From Diane
* One dozen used golf balls. Call Doreen at 860-620-3069
* Gel mattress pad topper cover for a hospital bed (Drive #14893). Call Lynne 860-621-3591
* Two end tables with drawers.... Computer desk with Dell Computer - to go together
* The Calendar Corner would like to recognize member Mark White for his patience and hard work in establishing an online version of our publication. Thank you Mark! From Diane and Janet
* Looking for Junior Woman's Club of Southington cookbooks published between 1970-1977. Call Joselyn 860-628-8538.
* Looking for used toys and games in good condition for child after school care. Children are ages 3-10. Call Lil 860-628-2379.
Savory Apple-Chicken Sausage
This recipe makes an elegant brunch dish. The sausage freezes well either cooked or raw. Takes 25 mins. Makes 8 patties.
1 large tart apple, peeled and diced
2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb. ground chicken
1. In a large bowl, combine the apple, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3-inch patties.
2. In a large, greased cast-iron or other heavy skillet, cook sausage patties over medium heat until no longer pink about 5-6 minutes on each side. Drain if necessary.
Pro-Tip: This breakfast sausage is perfect alongside pancakes, souffle or fresh toast. From Janet
* What is the vampire's favorite dish?
Ghoulash! From Jean
* Tongue Twister - Can you imagine, an imaginary menagerie manager imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?